A few good relaxation techniques can help in your daily life. Practices such as meditation can help relieve that stress. Maybe you need to try a few of these simple ways to relax.
1. Interrupt routines. Go talk to that guy sleeping on the bench, or eat lunch on the roof. Just doing anything that breaks you out of your habitual patterns can relieve stress.
2. Have a hot shower. It can relax your muscles. Any break from stressful activities can help too.
3. Practice this mindfulness exercise, it may become one of your favorite relaxation techniques. Try watching your mind. Spot the stressors lurking just below the surface (hunger, worry, a phone call you need to make), and you can resolve them and feel more relaxed.
4. Try laughing. Your own experience shows that this helps you relax, right? Go find a person that knows all the best jokes, or find something funny in front of you.
5. Use relaxing music. Keep your favorite relaxation CD, mp3 or podcast at the office, in the car, or wherever you’ll need it most.
6. Leave the room for a while. This can really help if the things in the room or related to it are triggering your stressful thoughts. Why not get out for a little while?
7. Breath deeply. Try five deep breaths through your nose. Close your eyes and pay attention only to your breathing while doing this. It’s like a mini-meditation, and perhaps the most effective of the quick relaxation techniques.
8. Drink some chamomile tea. Chamomile tea seems to have a calming effect on the nerves. Any hot tea without caffeine may be relaxing.
9. Walk a while. If you have at least ten minutes to spare, walking is one of the best relaxation techniques. While you’re at it, find a pretty place to walk.
Why not start with one or two of the simple relaxation techniques above? Naturally, it is ideal. Take it slow. If you can change yourself, so you’re naturally more relaxed all of the time.