Did you know this?
Are you aware of the proper way to apply your Eye Treatment?
Eye cream is a staple skincare necessity. The skin around the eye area is thin, gentle and delicate, so it shows signs of aging and dehydration quicker than any other part of the body. It’s important to take special care of this tender area with an eye cream that keeps your skin feeling fresh, radiant, and full. Ordinary moisturizers can be rough or abrasive around the fragile eye area, so eye creams are tailored to repair skin without damaging or irritating the skin.
Eye serums and creams are specialized to target and treat frustrating conditions around the eyes, like fine lines, wrinkles or “crow’s feet”, dark circles, and puffiness.
More so than the rest of your skin, the skin around your eyes needs consistent TLC for it to maintain its natural youth and hydration. Although skin types vary, everyone should consider eye cream to preserve the tight firmness of the skin.
Benefits of Eye Creams:
If you want to experience your best quality of skin, you have to nourish it properly. Products that work to moisturize and heal your entire body won’t deliver the same effects that a specialized eye cream will. Eye creams benefit your skin as they:
- Reduce hyperpigmentation
- Plump the skin to counteract natural thinning over time
- Hydrate and moisturize the skin
- Reduce dark circles and bags
- Reduce puffiness
- Reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet
- Brighten the skin to combat dullness
How to apply eye creams:
Understanding how to apply eye cream correctly can support you in reaping the full benefits of proper, thorough skincare with specialized ingredients. When determining how to apply eye cream, a good principle to live by is applying your skincare products from lightest to heaviest.
Your eye cream or serum is typically the lightest product in your skincare lineup, so apply that first, and work your way up to the product with the heaviest consistency—which is usually a moisturizer. This way, the lightweight products will target skincare concerns directly, and the heavyweight products will penetrate through, reaching the deepest layers of the skin, while providing a protective barrier between the skin and the environment.
Steps for optimal eye cream application:
- Be gentle in your application.
- Apply your eye cream with minimal pressure to prevent sagging or wrinkled skin as a result of stretching or pulling motions.
- Use a pea-sized amount of eye cream.
- Apply eye cream to your ring finger (for light pressure) and dot the product around your orbital bone, from the inner corners to the outer corners of the eye area.
- Use a dabbing motion when applying.
- When you apply eye cream in the morning, wait for the product to absorb into your skin before applying a layer of sunscreen or make up.